AALA’s membership year starts June 1 and ends May 31 of the following year. Membership benefits for 2021–2022 include the following.
- A public membership directory to promote member expertise.
- A free electronic copy of the AALA symposium issue of the Drake Journal of Agricultural Law and discounted annual subscription to the Journal.
- Participation in a members-only e-mail group.
- Access to the quarterly electronic publication, Ag Law Update, which features AALA member authors.
- Discounted registration rates for the 2021 AALA annual educational symposium in Salt Lake City, Utah, November 4–6, 2021.
- Access to educational webinars on hot topics. In recent months, AALA webinars have covered “The 2020 Elections & Outlook for 2021 Agricultural Policy”, “The Biden Administration and Agricultural Trade”, “Food Innovation & Food Labeling: Policy & Legal Issues for Plant-Based Foods & Cell-Cultured Meat”, and “The Current Antitrust Spotlight on Agriculture: What You Need Me to Know”.
- An hour of CLE credit from at least one of the year’s webinars. In 2020, that was for “You Said What to Whom? An Attorney-Client Privilege Update”.
- A resource library, which includes archived video of recent webinars and the latest annual symposium materials.
- Opportunities to network with internationally and nationally recognized experts in all aspects of agricultural law.