AALA recognizes the excellence and professionalism of its members through a series of awards that are presented annually at our Symposium. The AALA Awards Committee, chaired by Brian Buescher, is ramping up to identify outstanding AALA members and agricultural law review articles, and the committee could use your HELP! The Awards Committee is currently soliciting nominations for the following awards:
1) Outstanding Legal Scholarship in Agricultural Law (student and professional divisions) and
2) The Excellence in Agriculture Awards recognize AALA members for outstanding contributions to the legal profession and the agricultural community. The AALA Awards Committee may select up to four awardees annually, with the goal of recognizing one member in each of four AALA membership areas:
- private practice
- non-governmental organization.
Nomination materials should be submitted electronically, if possible. Please e-mail all nominations (article and AALA members) by August 5, 2016 to Kristy Ellenberg, AALA Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For articles please include the full citation of the article.
For the Excellence in Agriculture Awards, please include the following with nominations:
- Name and current occupation of the nominee;
- Current resume or CV of the nominee;
- A brief statement articulating why the nominee should receive the Excellence in Ag Law Award, based on the Award Criteria (set forth below); and
- Any other supporting materials.